Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Day 2-What Supplies I am Using?

Today is day two of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge and it's time to talk about the supplies. Right now I have few dozen flats, receiving blankets, 3 flour sack towels, covers, wipes, a bucket and lid from home depot, a plunger, and a drying rack. Today has been, well "crappy". Yesterday was a cake walk and I was able to wash the diapers and snap a cute picture to post on my blog. Today is a different story. But I'm not here to rant about my day, I'm here to talk about my "ammo". :) 
Flats: A flat diaper is basis of cloth diapers. It is a thin fabric, whether birdseye cotton or terry it is very absorbent and versatile. I am using a Diaper Rite Flat diaper purchased from a local diaper store. Another alternative is to use a receiving blanket. These are easy to come by as we all receive a TON of them at baby showers. If you are in a bind and you run out of diapers you can always find flour sack towels at Target.
Covers: This is what keeps your little ones cute outfit from becoming a disaster. I have a variety of covers to use for the challenge. Each meets the 
needs of my three children. 

Wipes: I am using Thirsties fab wipes and so far they are staying soft after line drying them. ;) 

Bucket/Plunger/Lid=Campstyle Washer: For under $10 I was able to make my own washer! Here is how I made it. :)
Drying Rack: Depending on how many diapers and covers you have in your load, you may be able to get by with one. Now me...I might have to get one (or two) more.... Let's see how tomorrow goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment