Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The 2nd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge!

OK, so I have not written a post in months but now I have an awesome cause to blog about. This year I (with the help of my loving husband) will be participating in the flats challenge. It is being hosted by Kim of Dirty Diaper Laundry and it is to bring awareness of how inexpensive cloth diapers are.
Last year, there was a great uproar over the fact that parents who were washing and reusing disposable diapers because of the economy. I remember hearing about this and at the time we were looking into cloth diapers and were still using disposables. Fast forward to the present. We are going to be using only flat diapers and waterproof covers on possibly two (my son is potty learning 0_0) children. We also will handwash and line dry all of the diapers to show that even without washer and dryer you can cloth diaper. I have even gone to the lengths as to make a camp-style bucket washer so that I can handle all of the diapers that we will be going through. We have been using flats for a few months and we love them! They are absorbent and dry fast. Plus, they sun bleach well ;). I'm also a vlogger on YouTube, my channel is NapturalMommy and I am also part of the EcoCocoaMommy channel. I look forward to doing vlogs and blog posts daily so let's see how it goes. For more information regarding the challenge check out Kim's blog Dirty Diaper Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment